Robert Rohlfing, CEO and Executive Director of Desert Mountain Energy Corp. recently appeared on CBS News Radio with host, John Batchelor to discuss the chemistry and engineering of helium extraction. In the full 2 part interview, they discuss:
- Why is helium extraction in Arizona different than other areas in the world?
- How DME’s operations differ from other players in the helium industry.
- The procedures that DME uses to protect aquifers.
- Why DME chose to use solar power at the McCauley Helium Processing Facility.
- The history of helium in the Holbrook Basin and why we are currently facing a global helium shortage.
ABOUT EYE ON THE WORLD with JOHN BATCHELOR
The John Batchelor Show is a hard news-analysis radio program on current events, world history, global politics and natural sciences. Based in New York City for two decades, the show has travelled widely to report, from the Middle East to the South Caucasus to the Arabian Peninsula and East Asia.